Frequently Asked Questions
Setting Up Your Utilities
Department of Water and Power (open 24 hours a day)
Electricity, Water, Trash
The easiest way to set up your electricity, water and trash is online or over the
- Create a user account
- Sign in to your user account
- Click turn on service-residential
- Answer a series of questions if you do not have a Social Security Number put 000-00-0000
in the space provided.
Things you need to know ahead of time:
- Are there any locked gates at the property?
- Is the electric meter located inside the house/building?
The So. Cal Gas Company (open 24 hours a day)
If you do not have a Social Security Number and/or drivers license, you must set
up your gas service over the phone. You will not be able to complete the process
online. Furthermore, the gas company will require a deposit between $20-$200 depending
- Click on Start, Stop, Move
- Click on Start Service Online under the New Customers: Online Start Service Request
- Answer a series of questions